THM Digital Leveling Tool
(THM LevelTool-Beta Version)
This package, the THM Level Tool, supports users performing leveling to Federal Geodetic Control Subcommittee standards. It implements specification checking so that users are able to insure that their work meets standards of the National Spatial Reference System. It has been developed by the Texas Spatial Reference Center as a free service. Current development is limited to the Leica DNA03 digital level. Support for other units will be undertaken when other equipment and their instruction sets are obtained.
• Runs on any Windows-based mobile platform. Compiled version was developed for Windows Mobile 5.0.
• Stores data in a TSRC developed .XML schema and in the .LVL format used by the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) level processing program TRANSLEV.
• Implements a software-based measurement rejection criteria to detect and remove outliers.
• Easy to navigate.
• Completely independent of on-board software.
• Bluetooth wireless capability.
• Speeds up leveling operations for users unfamiliar with FGCS specifications.
• Improved interface compared to previous version.
• Implements FGCS specifications in document “Specifications and Procedures to Incorporate Electronic Digital/Bar-Code Leveling Systems” version 4.1 dated 5/27/2004. See: http://geodesy.noaa.gov/FGCS/tech_pub/Fgcsvert.v41.specs.pdf
Software and Hardware requirements:
• Operating System: Windows Mobile 5.0
UPDATE: Supported OS: Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0, Windows CE 5.0 all the above versions (both Smartphone and PDA versions).
• Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1 or later versions running on the desktop computer.
• Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1. Link to download This Framework must be installed on the PDA.
• Leica DNA 03 digital level running firmware version: 1.31 and operating system version: 45.30
• Serial Cable (Art. No.: 563625) for direct connection of DNA 03 to PDA.
• HP iPAQ hx 2400 series PDA.
• USB/Serial Autosync Cable for HP iPAQs. Part number: (FA122A#AC3)
• IOGEAR - Serial Adapter with Bluetooth wireless technology (GBS301)
Serial Adapter, with Bluetooth wireless technology, Class 1.
• Battery pack. (6 Volts) or 4AA X 1.5 Volts to power Bluetooth device available from any radio hobbyist store.
Download Software for Handheld Device Bluetooth Version(Version: Beta 2.0) - UPDATED
Quick Start Guide
Software Manual V2.0
For Questions and Feedback, please contact:
Systems Programmer II
Texas Spatial Reference Center
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5869
Corpus Christi, Texas 78412-5869
Email : email@example.com
This page has been visited 4575 times.